Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I was working in the lab late one night Part 4

I am so close to being done with this thing I can taste it. I'm working on the baby vampire's little sidekick, a ghost. I'm using white and light blue for shadow. I'm decided to scrap the idea of the moon in the background because I think the baby vampire is popping well enough on his own. This also means there don't need to be bats on the back, so I'm thinking of doing a little orange pumpkin, just to draw the eye.

The ghost is based off of this drawing and his expression cracks me up every single time, especially since he's peeking out from behind the baby vampire in my design. He's outlined in Portuguese Knotted Stem Stitch and will be filled using the outline stitch. The outline stitch sits very close together, so I think it will work well. His eyes and mouth will be done using the padded satin stitch.

In terms of timing, this isn't ideal. There's an artist's trip this Saturday, and I'm going to be sketching up a new project to embroider. I don't want to have more than one project going at a time, but I doubt I'll be able to finish this piece just in time to start the new one. More likely I'll end up with a few projects going at once since going to the mainland involves ferries, and ferry time is ideal sewing time.

The blog will be going on a brief hiatus until next Tuesday, the 23rd. Before the art trip is the yearly ALT training seminar. Since I'm going to be on the mainland without net access there won't be any updates. Once I'm back expect pictures of the finished vampire bag, details of the new project(s), and tales of mainland exploits. Yay!

Some posts to look forward to: taxis in Japan, walking everywhere, and heating in Japan i.e. they're trying to kill us all with kerosene fumes or how I learned to stop worrying and love my non-insulated apartment. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God that ghost is ADORABLE. I know what I want my Christmas/birthday/whatever present to be!! A tote! A tote a tote a tote with something ADORABLE on it!!

    ReplyDelete